APE Data Form, PEC Minutes, Action Plans & SWOT ANALYSIS DUE AUGUST 30th
Email Dr. Frey
Annual Program Evaluation (APE) Program-specific statistical data from previous years has been uploaded to APE Form that will be distributed in a separate email. If you did not populate the data correctly in last years APE Form then the areas will be blank. If yours is blank, please complete. Please note:
1. Please read the directions very carefully. All information requested is for the previous AY.
2. Yellow vs White Questions – All questions in Yellow are to be completed by the Coordinator (most information uploaded from ADS). All areas in White are to be completed by the Program Director.
3. Meetings – You are to enter the date or dates that your PEC meetings were held to discuss the program and develop Action Plans. This is NOT the date where the APE is presented to the Faculty. There is a specific question on the PEC Minutes Template form for the latter.
4. Attachments – Please label all attachments by the Corresponding Attachment Letter and Name as noted in the APE Form. Save and label the file name for the APE DATA SHEET/ FORM as - APE Data Sheet (Academic Year) – Program Name
5. The completed APE Form and the Attachments must be distributed to your PEC as they will use this to review the program before the PEC meeting and discussions at the meeting will be focused on the areas that the members note are concerns.
6. The APE Form (Word Document not PDF) and Attachments must be submitted to Dr. Frey in the GME Office along with the PEC Minutes, SWOT Analysis, and Action Plans.
The ACGME Common Program Requirements, stipulate that “the educational effectiveness of a program must be evaluated at least annually in a systematic manner." This is accomplished though the Annual Program Evaluation (APE). A Program Evaluation Committee (PEC) should be created to ensure that each program has undertaken and documented a systematic review process, on at least an annual basis.
See Annual Program Evaluation Checklist
How to Complete the Annual Program Evaluation (APE)
Annual Program Evaluation Checklist
Annual Program Evaluation