DOCUMENTS FOR CONTINUING HOUSE OFFICERS
DO NOT SUBMIT INSTRUCTION SHEET WITH DOCUMENTS
Note: If House Officer is continuing but not promoting July 1, all applicable documents noted below are required for July 1 appointment, except Off-Cycle PER 3s. PER 3 can be submitted at beginning of the Academic Year or at least a month before the Off-cycle promotion. At least one month before the off-cycle promotion, an updated signed House Officer Agreement of Appointment MUST BE SUBMITTED.
For Malpractice purposes and Health Science Center Policy, Residents/Fellows are NOT allowed to begin or continue training without valid Medical License/Intern Card/GETP, or other State Board of Medical Examiners licensing approval. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. Academic Year Appointment Packet:
a. Health Requirements-Only Missing or Expired Documents Form
b. Annual TB Test
c. House Officer Agreement of Appointment (Contract)
d. Driver Safety Form and License
2. Submit signed, Appointment Form, (Includes Off-cycle House Officers that are continuing and NOT terminating June 30 and not promoting July; Auto populated form on Academic Year Appointment Site).
3. Submit signed House Officer Promotion spreadsheet listing House Officers promoting to the next level on July 1 (Auto populated form on Academic Year Appointment Site).
4. Submit signed, Off-Cycle House Officers Spreadsheet listing Off-Cycle House Officers continuing but not promoting July 1 and House Officers terminating after June 30—terminate during the Academic Year. (include House Officers terminating any day in July too; Auto populated form on Academic Year Appointment Site)
5. Submit PER 3 to promote to next level only for Military Paid House Officers, and for House Officers changing House Officer Level but not promoting. (PER 3s ARE NOT required for July 1 promotions for House Officer 2 - House Officer 10 – Residents and Fellows. PER 3s for Off-Cycle House Officers can be submitted at the beginning of the Academic Year or at least a month before the off-cycle promotion or termination date. PER 3 is required if the House Officer is changing House Officer Level, but not promoting e.g. change from Ho 2 to HO 1).
6. Submit DS2019 (for Foreign Medical Graduates with J-1 Visa). – needed every year.
7. Submit Malpractice Spreadsheet to Cynthia Scott. (auto-populated form on the Academic Year Appointment Site)
8. Submit updated GME Data Sheet – Only if the House Officer was on LOA during the previous Academic Year. LOA dates must be included on GME Data Sheet
9. LSBME Licensing Spreadsheet - including Program Director Letter, Check, and CME CDS Certificate. (auto-populated forms on the Academic Year Appointment Site)
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED TO OUTSIDE AGENCY
VA forms (If applicable) – Send completed forms to LSU GME Office
REVIEW AND UPDATE
1. Update LA Medical License/Intern Card/PGY 2/GETP/Other permits Expiration Date in New Innovations.
2. Review/Update Biographical, Medical School, Internship, Residency, Fellowship, and Leave of Absence data in New Innovations.